Monday, May 7, 2012

DSLR Simulator


For the last thirteen years, here at Digital Diner, we've taken an average of nearly 1000 pictures per month.  As a kid growing up, I remember getting interested in photography, but finding that the slow turn around between taking the picture and developing it and seeing the results to be de-motivational.  Digital cameras changed all that.  With instant feedback and meta information that tells you exactly what your settings were, there is immediate gratification.  I learned so much more, so much more quickly once I could easily tie my actions to the results.  I had used a film Single Lens Reflex (SLR) camera for years before I started taking digital images.  Early digital cameras were fairly simple and actually not very good.  It was several years before I switched to Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR), and interestingly, it took a little while to get good pictures out of the DSLR.  These cameras can be a bit daunting.  Like driving a sports car, these cameras require some extra attention, but the results can be well worth it.

That is why I was interested to see that someone has created a DSLR simulator on the web.  Its an interesting little web page that lets you play with the different parameters to see how they affect your image.  Give it a try.  I think it can help make the transition to DSLR a little easier.



No comments:

Post a Comment