Friday, August 3, 2012

They don't call it "Bad"minton for Nothing


By now, you've probably heard about the badminton scandal at the Olympics where some players seemed to intentionally lose in order to have an easier draw in the next round of competition.  While I think it is horrible, I also believe that it was a poor game design that put the players in this moral dilemma in the first place.  Both are to blame here, although I must say that if the referee comes out and warns you that you can be disqualified for playing that way, I would think it would be time to change your behavior.
But, ignoring the actual facts of the situation for a moment, lets just just focus on the coverage of the event.  I believe my favorite summary of the events came from the Wall Street Journal in the video above.  Watch and tell me whether or not you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment